Friday, September 28, 2007

University Circle Update

Some of you have asked why I stopped posting Euclid Avenue updates. One suggested I was captured by the RTA Police and silenced.

No bus jail can hold me! ;-)

Basically, I have seen 1 or 2 or maybe even 4 on a good day, workers on the important stretch between Chester and Mayfield.

But not much progress. On this beautiful sunny day today, there was 1 guy puttering around this morning. Meanwhile the few lanes were all blocked and an emergency vehicle had to do some crazy maneuvering to get to the hospital.

The other day we spent over 20 minutes going from Chester to Mayfield on Euclid and if an ambulance, police or fire vehicle had needed to get through, they couldn't have. No way.

It's just poor planning and slow progress and someone should be held accountable for this.

I was planning on attending One World Day at the Cultural Gardens on Sunday before the Browns beat the Rave-Hens, but with the construction and now East Blvd torn up too, I may blow it off.

I didn't attend the Midtown Anniversary last night where they offered free preview rides on the RTA Silver Line but I am sure there was plenty of self-congratulations and mutual back-patting going on.

I still have that fear that some emergency vehicle is going to be delayed enough on that 1 mile stretch of Euclid to cause unnecessary suffering or worse. It's inevitable the way the streets are clogged.