Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vancouver Winter Olympics

I have to admit, I prefer the Summer Olympics. I love the track and field, the volleyball and the basketball in particular.

But I am eager to get into the Vancouver Winter Olympics which start Friday. I wonder how they will pull off the Opening Ceremonies inside the BC? It's the first time the ceremony will be held indoors.

I don't follow skating but we were fortunate to get a preview of who to watch from two skating legends at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards last week.

Carol Heiss Jenkins won the Silver Medal in 1956 and between 1957 and 1960, Carol Heiss dominated women's figure skating like nobody since Sonja Henie. She was U.S. and World Champion every year, and at the 1960 Winter Olympics Heiss captured the gold medal, being ranked first by all nine judges.

Her student and 1996 United States silver medalist and a three-time World team member Tonia Kwiatkowski also told us what to watch for.

Check out the 2 short video clips and enjoy the Games!

No comments: