Friday, February 12, 2010

Pepi le Pew

Every year it's a struggle to keep my dog away from the local skunks. For the last 16 years I've had black labs and they fearlessly go after the smelly creatures.

I thought I had some time before worrying about them this year until I read what the Humane Society posted.

"Humans aren’t the only ones with romance on their minds for Valentine’s Day. Amorous male skunks are busy playing the dating game as well. February through March is mating season for skunks, and people shouldn’t be surprised to suddenly smell that distinctly unpleasant foul odor. According to The Humane Society of the United States, this is a female skunk’s way of warding off unwanted suitors. Fortunately, skunk romance only lasts a short time. "

Yeah, but a sprayed dog stays smelly a long time.

More details on skunks.

No comments: