Thursday, December 08, 2005

More from Philanthropia

Two numbers really stood out in Ronn Richard’s presentation today.

1) He said that only 12% of African-American males graduate from Cleveland Public schools – the other 88% drop out. That is staggering.

2) For whatever reasons, many students move homes, and hence schools, numerous times each year. Some have moved 6 times in a single school year! How can a kid develop any educational or social continuity if they are in 6 different schools in a year?

No comments: